OSC | Core Deluxe (15.0 CME)
Online Course with Deluxe Suture Kit
The entire original Online Suture Course PLUS a deluxe suture kit with everything you need to hone the skills you’ll learn in the course:
(8) Practice sutures in varying line and needle sizes (3-0 to 6-0)
(1) Skin stapler (35 wide staples)
(1) Skin staple remover
(1) Complete ER Laceration tray
(1) Rugged practice kit box
NOTE: We send out tons of kits and we source quality practice supplies. Because we use multiple suppliers, there is a chance that the kit you receive will have slightly different supplies than those pictured above. However, each kit will come with exactly what is listed (it just may be a different brand or have a different packaging).
SUGGESTION: Make the most of your practice toolbox by practicing on a variety of human analogues including chicken breasts with skin on them, bananas, and pigs feet.
What You Will Learn With OSC
- 11 Closure Methods
- 10 Exciting Case Studies
- 11 Hands-on Practice Modules
- Closure Basics Including Line and Needle Selection
- When and When Not to Close
- The A.C.E. F.A.S.T. Closure® Method
- Anesthesia Including Local Infiltration, Field Blocks, and Digital Blocks
- Proper Wound Cleansing
- Proper Wound Examination
- Foreign Body Removal
- Antibiotic Appropriateness
- When to Seek Surgical Consultation
- Current Tetanus Guidelines
- Proper Knot Tying
- Multi-layer Suturing
- Repair of Torso Lacerations
- Repair of Extremity Lacerations
- Repair of Head and Neck Lacerations
- C-spine Management and Imaging Related to Traumatic Head and Neck Lacerations
- Dog Ear Deformity Correction
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Pediatric Lacerations
- Repair of Scalp Lacerations
- Repair of Eyelid Lacerations
- Repair of Ear Lacerations
- Repair of Lip Lacerations
- Treatment of Open Fractures
- Repair of Nailbed Lacerations
- Repair of Flap Lacerations
- Repair of Buccal Lacerations
- Repair of Tongue Lacerations
- Repair of Joint Capsule Lacerations
- Treatment of Animal Bites
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Lacerations in the Anticoagulated Patient
- SPECIAL TOPIC: Managing Poorly Healing Lacerations
- Appropriate Follow-up Care
- Medicolegal Tips and Nuggets
Your course will never expire. CE credit can be earned at any point going forward from the time you purchase the course. There is no time limit. CE credit is awarded on the calendar you complete the course.
ONLINE COURSE ACCESS
You have made the right decision and your practice is going to accelerate into high gear as you progress through your course. We are always here to assist you with technical problems, issues with course navigation, and anything else you may need related to the course or website. We’re only an email away: [email protected].
To access the course, visit OnlineSutureCourse.com/log-in/, or visit OnlineSutureCourse.com and click on Sign In in the top right corner of the browser window. Your login credentials are the email address and password you used when you registered for the course. After logging in, follow the on-screen instructions to access your course.
You’re on the road to developing new skills and enhancing old ones. Please give us a few days to get your order ready to ship. We’ll email you when it’s ready to ship, including a tracking number.
Your USB drive is included in either a shipping box (NOMAD Edition) or your practice suture kit (NOMAD Deluxe Edition), wrapped in a bubble wrap bag. Your USB drive contains all course videos and materials accessed through a main menu on the drive. Once you have worked your way through all course content on the drive, return to the Online Suture Course website and login using your course credentials. Within this online portion of the NOMAD course, you will be able to complete the case studies, final assessment, and course evaluation to earn CE credit.
|Do you want to add a 1-hour Zoom session with the instructor for additional feedback and learning (small group, 1-5 course participants)?||
No (+$0), Yes (+$50)